Monday, May 14, 2012

First Blog entry

Today is sunday May 13. In three days time I will be boarding my flight to Spain for study abroad with the University of Utah. It seems like it was only yesterday that I turned in my application to the study abroad office, and now im just a few days away from my first trip to europe. The last couple weeks I have been doing the best I can to prepare myself. I have also been spending as much time as possible with friends and loved ones. Last week my Mom came into town from California to help me get prepared for my study abroad trip and celebrate my birthday (May 28th), which will occur in Spain. Right now my girlfriend and I are getting ready to go see the "Avengers" movie. I will type more later. Just got back from watching the "Avengers" film by Marvel studios. It was a great film and I am glad I got to see it while it was still showing in the theatre. I am very happy that I was accepted into the study abroad program. I am just as excited as I am nervous for this trip to Spain. I am looking forward to formulating relationships using the spanish language and studying spanish in school. It has always been my dream to visit Europe and especially Spain, so this trip is like a dream come true for me. I am anxious yet excited. I love my family and friends but I feel like I need this trip not only to take my spanish language skills to the next level, but to also get away from everyone and everything I know in the United States. I want to gain a bigger appreciation for my life and the world around me, and I believe this trip may do that for me. It is now monday night, and I am still nervous but excited to see Spain. I want to study hard in class and learn as much as I can while on my trip to Spain to study abroad.

1 comment: